vendredi 2 mars 2012

Boys English Group

So I don’t usually really talk about my work and most of that is because my work is really just teaching English everyday but here is a small project that I’ve recently started that I wanted to share about because I was happy it was finally happening.

Since coming to Banyo and starting work at the lycee, I have wanted to work with students outside of regular class – to work with a small group and do more activities that I was interested in and that they were interested in. Well I have finally gotten things rolling (only after a year and half). Some of my younger students came to me a few months ago and wanted an opportunity to practice English with more of a focus on conversational skills. So I invited a few more students of the same age level and we set a day and time to meet each week. It’s been going well for about a month now. And the students really seem to enjoy it and I definitely enjoy working with such a small group where I can actually hear everyone and they all have a chance to participate. The meetings thus far have been rather unstructured, some meetings we go over more in depth what they learned in class, some meetings we just talked about culture like school and differences in America and here. But I think it is going well and I am planning on using our meetings to incorporate lessons on topics like study skills and life skills while also allowing them to practice their English.

Here are some pictures of an activity we just did this past week. I brought in maps of the US and the world and we discussed some geography and I shared about America. Then they drew a map of Cameroon and described their country. All of this in English of course for them to practice.







Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire