vendredi 25 juin 2010

Posting

Week 3 is coming to a close and today was a rather exciting day. First, we all got new language level placements (we just retested on Wednesday) and I have officially passed the required language level needed to serve. (Everyone must reach Intermediate-High in French to be in a Francophone area- if that makes any sense to anyone). But the more exciting event today was that all of us education trainees were officially given our post sites. So here is my official city that I will be living and working in over the next 2 years:

Banyo- in the north region of Adamawa (Cameroon- of course)
So as of now I know nothing about this city but we will all be visiting our sites in just 4 days so next I am on the internet I will have lots more to say about Banyo (hopefully).


So for posting, they put everyone's name on the board and you went up, got your name and unfolded to reveal your post and region

Welcome sign from the workshop right before heading out to site visit

The set-up for the workshop - very snazzy...

So outside of the excitement of learning our posts, everything else is going just like clockwork. Training is stil very busy but going well and we are learning a lot. My host family is still going really well although the number of family members have dwindled down to just 3 people (lots of family members come and go- kind of hard to explain) so it's rather quiet at home which is nice- I've been catching up on reading. But right now I am to go finish preparing a 30-minute grammar lesson presentation for tomorrow so again sorry I have not written a lot but I hope, hope to soon really write more and explain things and maybe add some pictures!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire