lundi 2 août 2010

Lions, Hippos, and Elephants

So a few people back home have asked about 'wildlife' that I have come across. I guess this being Africa and all it is an understandable question - safaris, hippos, elephants, etc. Unfortunately, at this point I am sorry to say I have not experienced any 'wildlife' not unless you count chickens, dogs, cats, roosters, and cattle - that is about the extent of it. But don't be too disappointed yet - there are parks in Cameroon where one can see some real wildlife. Waza Park is a big one in the Extreme North that I hope to make it to in my 2 years here. And I will be sure to take pictures and write all about the 'wildlife' then.

On the flip side - here in Africa - a question that many of my host family members ask me is 'what are the differences between life here in Cameroon and America?' And my initial response is always kind of just a laugh - I still don't know how to even begin to explain and what I can explain, they do not always understand. How do you explain the differences and similarities - how do you say what you like versus what you don't, etc. - How do you describe 'Life in America and life in Cameroon' - I mean there certainly are tangible things like food, transportation, etc but to wrap everything up into a few sentences is just impossible. The easiest thing to say is just that there are things here in Cameroon I enjoy, some things I do not enjoy and a lot of things I still do not quite understand but to compare the two places is just not possible - at least not in anyway that I know yet.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire