vendredi 4 mai 2012

Home Sweet Home



My new house ! 

So almost an entire year and a few close calls later but I finally have the house that I want. And while it may seem ridiculous to be moving now when I have only 3 months left, it’s worth it. My first house was really great itself but there were problems more so with location. I’ll just say the problems were due to culture differences - some people here don’t have the same ideas about personal space and what’s appropriate as a neighbor. And for anyone who’s visited me, I’ll say one word – kudjo. So it’s better now that I have my own compound.

My new house is literally across the street – maybe 10 steps. It’s owned by the Lamido and was recently finished. It’s pink and green with a giant living room and high ceiling, two bedrooms and bathroom that even has a toilet seat and cover, an indoor kitchen and a detached kitchen for wood fire cooking. And there’s running water and power (most of the time)
  
I’ve only been here a few nights so far and still have a lot of work before it’s all pulled together, but it’s already been amazing being here and not having to worry about the many things I did before. I will most certainly thoroughly enjoy my last few months in my new house. And I hope my replacement will enjoy his or her full 2 years in this great house. 

My old house is on the left - again literally like 10 steps away

My new room 


Living room before... 

And after


Indoor kitchen 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire