lundi 28 mai 2012

Mosques



Since my particular area of Cameroon is mostly Muslim, there are mosques almost everywhere. In Banyo there is a mosque almost every hundred feet. Some mosques look pretty shabby and are practically falling apart, little square houses that you only know are a mosque because of the small Arabic writing in front or the minaret. Sometimes it isn’t really even a building, but just any area blocked off with bricks in the shape of a square building with a minaret cut out. And then sometimes the mosque looks amazing. it’s beautiful with lots of detail and just really a great structure within the community. In fact I would say that some of the msoquees I’ve seen are really the most beautiful buildings I’ve seen here altogether. I will really miss walking down the street and seeing such lovely buildings when I go back and of course I’ll miss hearing the call to prayer everyday multiple times of day. Can’t say however that I will necessarily miss the constant stops while traveling for passengers to prayer…

Mayo Djinga Mosque - The newest, probably most expensive and certainly nicest building 
in this small village



my favorite - the big mosque in Ngaoundere 


Another nice mosque in Ngaoundere



Banyo's main mosque 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire